You are here
Thank you for being a NEDAwareness Week Volunteer Speaker!
NEDA makes giving a NEDAwareness Week presentation fun and easy. Below you will find Volunteer Speaker PowerPoints and presentation guides designed to help you share eating disorder information appropriately and effectively.
- Volunteer Speaking Training: listen to this webinar to find out how to share your story responsibly, present materials safely, and for tips on how to answer questions or concerns.
- Guidelines to Sharing your Story Responsibly : Use this guide to ensure that your presentation is shared safely and properly.
- What are Eating Disorders PowerPoint: Share keypoints on signs, symptoms, treatment, and insurance options regarding eating disorders.
- Parent Presentation PowerPoint and Parent Presenter Guide: Covers contributing factors and how parents can help protect against risk factors.
- Eating Disorders Prevention Presentation PowerPoint and Eating Disorders Preventions Presenter Guide: Covers body image issues, impacts of the media, risks associated with dieting and genetic factors in the development of an eating disorder. Presentation refers to this quiz.
- Get Real Presentation PowerPoint and Get Real Presenter Guide: Provides real information about cultural factors that contribute to onset and resources for more information.
- How to Help a Friend Presentation PowerPoint and How to Help a Friend Presenter Guide: Covers information about eating disorders (definitions, signs and symptoms), how to talk to a friend/family member and recognizing responsibilities and limitations in that role.
- Know Dieting Presentation PowerPoint: Covers unhealthy dieting practices, impacts on health, and the relationship between dieting and eating disorders.
- Speaker Outreach Letter and Request Form: Share these with your communities to spread the news that there are volunteer speakers ready and willing to present on eating disorders.
PowerPoints available in Portuguese, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.