You are here
Register as a Volunteer Speaker
Volunteer speakers are invaluable to outreach and educational efforts during NEDAwareness Week. NEDA makes being a Volunteer Speaker fun and easy by providing speaker training and pre-written NEDA presentation guidelines and PowerPoints. To be listed in the online Volunteer Speaker search, just follow the steps below.
Note: All speakers agree to utilize the NEDA copyrighted PowerPoints, and if sharing your personal story of recovery (of loved one's story of recovery), adhere to the Guidelines for Sharing Stories of Recovery. All Volunteer Speakers are required to attend or view the recording of the Volunteer Speaker Training webinar.
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer Speaker
1. Use this link to register as a Volunteer Speaker
2. Read and follow the Guidelines for Sharing Stories of Recovery
3. Listen to the online webinar,Volunteer Speaker Training: Key Messages and Sharing Stories Responsibly, led by NEDA Ambassador Council Chair, author and singer/songwriter Jenni Schaefer and clinical advisor to the NEDA Navigator program, NEDA Support Groups and Loss Support Network, Ilene Fishman, LCSW, ACSW. This training will cover key messaging, sharing your story responsibly, how to handle difficult questions and tips for preparation and delivery.
4. Download ready-made NEDAwareness Week Powerpoints
5. Let your community know you are available to speak! Use this outreach letter to inform schools, PTAs and others that you are a registered Volunteer Speaker, as well as providing them with the Speaker Request Form, for when they are ready to host a speaker.