You are here
NEDA Navigators* are trained volunteers who have experience - either personally or in support of a loved one - navigating the overwhelming systems and emotions involved with an eating disorder.
NEDA Navigators provide support by:
- Directing you to helpful websites, books, articles, NEDA resources, etc.
- Sharing their personal stories to provide insight, strategies for self-care and hope for recovery
- Encouraging you to support your loved one to seek professional help (or seek help for yourself)
- Being a listening ear as you are going through what can be a difficult journey
- Helping you navigate insurance issues for treatment coverage
- Providing a listing of organizations that offer treatment scholarships and research studies offering free treatment
- Decreasing feelings of isolation
*NEDA Navigators are not treatment professionals and do not provide mental health services. They provide informal, personal support through a difficult journey, and direct individuals and families to the professional help they need.
Request a NEDA Navigator
Email email@example.com, and include your city, state, and any specific aspects of the issue you are dealing with in order to help us determine the best NEDA Navigator match for you. We can match you by proximity to your location and/or similarity of experience (type of eating disorder, gender, co-occurring conditions such as substance abuse or depression, etc).
We will send your request to a NEDA Navigator within one day of receiving your message. NEDA Navigators respond to new messages at least once per week. For immediate assistance, call the NEDA Helpline at 1-800-931-2237.
Call the helpline now
Call NEDA's toll-free, confidential Helpline, Monday-Thursday from 9:00 am - 9:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST): Holiday Hours