You are here
Impact of NEDAwareness Week
2012 proved to be a truly successful year, as nearly 70 million people across the globe gained access to information and resources on eating disorders. It was quickly noted that with such a great increase in awareness outreach, there were greater numbers of people seeking out help and resources for eating disorders.
- Over 280+ events and speakers raising awareness about eating disorders and the resources available
- 50 states participated along with 30 other countries
- Nearly 70 million people were reached through social media, public events, and awareness campaigns all spearheaded by you!
- U.S. Congress launched Bi-Partisan National Eating Disorders Awareness Caucus on February 27, 2012
- Record requests for a support from a NEDA Navigator, tripling in February 2012
- NEDA’s Helpline traffic doubled in 2012, offering services in over 14 languages